Semi Colon ( ; ) 英语里的分号使用方法
I bought shiny, ripe apples; small, sweet, juicy grapes; and firm pears.
Mary’s favorite dinner foods are chicken, with Cayenne pepper; salad, with Italian dressing; toast, with garlic and butter; and soup, with scallions, cheese, and mushrooms.
The employees were Tom Hanks, the manager; Jim White, the engineer; and Dr. Jack Lee.
I went to the grocery store today. I bought a ton of fruit. Apples, grapes, and pears were on sale. ->
I went to the grocery store today; I bought a ton of fruit. Apples, grapes, and pears were all on sale.
I went to the grocery store today. I bought a ton of fruit; apples, grapes, and pears were all on sale.
I realize I need exercise; however, I’ll lie down first to think about it.
3. 有however、for example、thus、 however、 therefore的时候，使用分号
Mary ate dinner; however, she was hungry an hour later.
Mary’s dinner was made with several spices; for example, the chicken was sprinkled with Cayenne pepper.
Colon ( : ) 英语里的冒号使用方法
1. 介绍目录或使用名词, 名词子句, 引用句, 举例等情况时
- 列举: We covered many of the fundamentals in our writing class: grammar, punctuation, style, and voice.
- 写名词或名词句: My roommate gave me the things I needed most: companionship and quiet.
- 写引用句: Shakespeare said it best: “To thine own self be true.”
- 举例或说明: Many graduate students discover that there is a dark side to academia: late nights, high stress, and a crippling addiction to caffeinated beverages.
- 目录的额外说明: Mary’s dinner consisted of the following: salad, soup, chicken, and toast.
- 引用句的额外说明: The words Ivan spoke were very kind: “Mary, I made this dinner especially for you, dear.”
Life is like a puzzle: half the fun is in trying to work it out.
3. 切分时间、 标题时
Hours and Minutes: Mary ate dinner at 9:12.
Ratio: Mary’s ratio of carbohydrate intake to protein was 3:1.
Bible verses and chapters (Matthew 2:24).
Kurlansky, M. (2002). Salt: A world history. New York, NY: Walker and Co.
Everest: The Last Frontier
| 资源博客 | 学术论文润色 | 学术论文翻译 | 期刊论文润色 | 毕业论文润色 | 论文摘要润色 | 服务费用 | FAQ |